Image Map

Monday, August 10, 2015

MMI: Toolbox Edition -- REDUX

Linking with Tara :)



If you saw my instagram, I had a 'fail' (IMO!) about my gold foil print from this tutorial.  I guess it's because of the cardstock? I tried it on regular paper and it wasn't too bad. It could be the laminator, it could be the gold foil, lots of reasons.


I made 2 teacher toolboxes for friends of mine! I actually LOVE how they turned out. I used the black/red template from Lovin' Lit. She has a pirate theme going on. I used my old one for her, and used leopard duck tape because she's a wild one ;)



 I left some blank for her to fill in as necessary :)


I LOVE how the back ended up looking even if it was a mistake *facepalm* Basically I printed a paper with the name and clip art at the bottom. I printed it Poster (through Adobe) and it printed on 4 sheets, but the size was too big for the clip art. Just enough for the names though! SO I taped it to cardstock. My conundrum? Too big for my laminator. 

My solution? Two lamination sheets, open ends touching (I overlapped on the back just a little and taped it down so it would feed through properly) and then let it go through. It worked! Yay!



Here's the other one I made. All me this time and I'm quite proud of how it turned out! I used this gorgeous metallic black spray paint (originally gray) and I hate how I spray paint (so many splotches), whatever though. I used dimensions from Create.Teach.Share :) 

What do you guys think?

School starting soon *bites nails* I saw my classroom for the first time today and maaaaaan. It'll be a challenge!


5 comments:

  1. I know you still think your project was a fail, but I liked it. Aren't you genius to put your laminate together to go through the laminator. I wouldn't have ever thought to do that! Smarty pants!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those boxes!!!!

    You rock!
    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  3. Putting two sheets of laminate together was genius! I will have to try it myself, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure to tape a little and be careful of bunching :)

      Delete
  4. Anisa...remind me what you use to adhere your labels in your drawers? Mine needs a ravamp, and double stick tape hasn't really worked for me. I know you used something and I thought AHA! I need to try that. :)

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete

I adore reading your comments. Seriously, it makes my heart happy!
I love to reply by email (so you can see my response), so please make sure that this option is turned on in your profile settings.
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!