Soooo...I was trying to find a way to make the integer rules stick and I decided I'd create lyrics to 'All About That Bass' and then this happened. MadAboutMath_ on Instagram wanted all the lyrics so here they are. If you DO end up using them or changing them, let me know! I'd love to see if this helps out anyone else :) Obviously, I couldn't come up with something spectacular for each one, but I think my 6th graders will get a kick out of it either way...even if they just end up laughing at me haha
Because you know I'm all about those integers, those integers, no trouble [4x]
Yeah, it's pretty clear, math is super easy
All you need to do, is follow some rules
Cause I got the brain that all the kids want
And all the strategies that I'm gonna flaunt
When I add integers and the signs the same
I add and keep the sign; c'mon now, ain't no game
Adding signs that'r different different, subtract instead
Take the sign of the bigger value and you won't be dead
Yeah, my teacher said don't worry about the test
She says 'the more you practice, then you'll do your best'
When I subtract, I just use my trick of K-C-C
You keep, change, change, use those adding rules and drink some Hi-C
CHORUS
I'm bringing math back; Go ahead and tell them students that
Nah, I ain't playing - easy as drawing a cat
And I'm here to tell you everyone can do integers no matter what they think
Yeah, my teacher said don't worry about the test
She says 'the more you practice, then you'll do your best'
Multiplying and dividing integers is simply a breeze
Different signs, make negative; same are positive - now don't freeze
CHORUS
What do you think?



No comments:
Post a Comment
I adore reading your comments. Seriously, it makes my heart happy!
I love to reply by email (so you can see my response), so please make sure that this option is turned on in your profile settings.
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!