Image Map

Monday, August 18, 2014

MMI: desk and shoes

I am so behind on all things blogger! Linking up with Tara for Monday Made It :)
Been busy setting up the classroom, but have def. been getting inspired by instagram people!

The first made it deserves a shout out to Schroeder Shenanigans in Second for the inspiration of her teacher desk!


Wrapping paper background, KG wake me up and Wish I Was Taller as my font [printed math on colored paper] and the custom avatar printed poster size and made by the amazing Rachel/Robogirl. Laminated everything and then just fiddled with placement! This is my favorite part of my room, hands down :) [The desk is not that messy anymore, promise haha]


This made it was inspired by A Sunny Day in First Grade! Mine aren't as neat as her, that's generally one of my problems with craft - I can't do straight lines or paint cleanly or anything. SMH. 


Pencil shoes! White canvas shoes from Wal Mart, fabric paint from Michaels [I bought the smaller squeeze bottles and just squeezed it out onto a plate to save $$], and paintbrushes and voila! I adore them so much :D 

FYI: If you comment here and don't receive my reply, maybe you should go through the tutorial to see whether or not you are a no-reply blogger. It'd be easier to just reply through e-mail!

First day this week for me! EEK. 

4 comments:

  1. Cute shoes. Maybe I could make some red or black with white polka dots?!?
    Mrs. Brown Loves Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your desk! :) Looks so welcoming and fun! Great job on the shoes! I don't think I could have done much better... I think I would have lost patience just after the lead portion!

    Cassie
    Funky in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shoes!!!!!! I love that you did gold glitter too! I'm thinking I may need to add some! :)

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your desk! It looks great! I am going to decorate mine. Thanks for the idea.

    Melissa Kaylor :)

    Fourth Grade Lab

    ReplyDelete

I adore reading your comments. Seriously, it makes my heart happy!
I love to reply by email (so you can see my response), so please make sure that this option is turned on in your profile settings.
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!