Image Map

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lace Earring Holder

I saw a couple of these on Pinterest, and obviously had to attempt it myself.

The post I saw and liked best is here.

1. You need to get your materials. I used lace (Joann's), a frame (dollar store), a staple gun (Joann's - or wherever really), scissors, foam.

2. I spray painted my frame gold to match the lace I had. I actually had the spray paint lying around, it's definitely not a necessity.

3. Take out the glass and backing of your frame. Trim your lace to fit your frame, leaving a bit of room.

4. Tricky part - staple your lace down. I started at the top and did 3 across, then worked my way down one side, and then alternated between the bottom and the other side. You just have to make sure it's taut. Mine was still pretty lose unfortunately, but I did the best I could.

5. Now because mine still had a little bit of slack, my brilliant sister in law gave me the foam idea. Get a piece of foam and staple it behind your lace (a contrasting color works best). Pull your lace with the foam and staple to try and make it tighter.

6. Add your earrings :D Be aware that if you are using foam, holes will form and thus you need to be careful. The foam makes it last just a bit longer, which is good because I can be quite rough and lace is really delicate. I'm pretty pleased with the end result!


Front. This was before the brilliant foam idea. My earrings were on, but seemed unstable :/


The back, showing where I stapled.


My finished product where I'm starting to add my earrings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore reading your comments. Seriously, it makes my heart happy!
I love to reply by email (so you can see my response), so please make sure that this option is turned on in your profile settings.
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!