Monday, May 2, 2016
D: Dance Party Review
I am doing the ABC Countdown for the last few days with my 6th graders. We have a test tomorrow so we needed a review to do today and it was D - Dance Party.
I did a twist on 4 corners and had each corner and answer choice associated with a dance.
So kids got into groups and I called out a question. They talked to each other to confirm answers and had to dance their way to that corner. They had to prove the answer to me and why it worked.
Then I played the music revealing the right answer and the whole class danced. I think they enjoyed it, kept people moving, and conversation flowing :)
I used TubeChop to cut the youtube videos to relevant parts. If you want them, they're below.
A - Whip and Nae Nae
B - Macarena
C - Chicken Dance
D - Dab
There's not a real song I could properly find for the Dab so I had to do what I could.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
I adore reading your comments. Seriously, it makes my heart happy!
I love to reply by email (so you can see my response), so please make sure that this option is turned on in your profile settings.
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!