I got on Microsoft Word and made labels that were business card size. I designed the card I wanted with my information as well as a cute picture. I had my name, grade, school, school number, and e-mail. I then printed it on cardstock. I made it into a pdf in case I wanted to print more and wanted to keep the font the same.
Then cut out each card. I made 3 copies and with 8 cards a page, it was a total of 24 cards.
I then went to Walmart and got magnetic tape strips (in craft section). I just cut it in 3 pieces and put one piece on the back of each card.
Voila, card made.



Such a super cute idea for open house!!! Ok, I love that you linked up and I totally don't want to rain on your parade but did you know that there is such a thing as magnetic paper and you can run it through your printer?!?!?!?! I just found out about it myself so that would maybe get rid of one step for your magnets??? Thank you so much for linking up!!! Your zebra is adorable!!!!
ReplyDelete4th Grade Frolics
Hahah I totally didn't but that is a BRILLIANT idea. Next time, I'll definitely look for the magnetic paper!
DeleteFirst time linking, and I can't wait to see what others come up with!
I have a bunch of business cards that I gave out at Back to School night. The parents said they loved having my contact information handy. Great idea making it into a magnet!
ReplyDeleteEmily
I Love My Classroom
www.ilovemyclassroom.blogspot.com
Thanks! I thought it would be easier. I had a bunch made too, but I had my cell number on them, and honestly, I didn't want that out there. I figured Microsoft Word could do the job just as well :D
DeleteThanks for the comment :)
Your parents will really appreciate this! Thanks for sharing such a great idea! :)
ReplyDeleteDelighted in Second
Hope you will join my $20 TPT gift certificate giveaway!
I hope so!
DeleteWill definitely check it out :)