Image Map

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Perspectives

I'm part of this GT Academy where in 6th grade we have a 'concept' connecting all the subjects. This 9-weeks concept is How can one expand his/her perspectives? and as a result we had a 2-day field experience to help the kiddos do just that.

My rotation was with Science and it related to motion sensors showing a graph as well as 1-point perspective art, optical illusions, and scaling.

I got this idea from Fast Times of a Middle School Math Teacher and her class scale up project. I related it to perspective because knowing one piece doesn't always give you the whole picture, and your perspective changes once you put your one part in with other people. Or something way better sounding ;) Technically, Pinterest inspired since there's where I found it? Haha

You need: a picture that you've put 1'x1' squares on [I used powerpoint and the shape tool to do because rulers and me don't mix], sticky notes, coordinates, and a huge sheet of graph paper

  
Take a picture and put squares into it and then have coordinates on the back.


Cut out the squares and put sticky notes (different color per group or class)



Put an x and y axis on a large sheet of grid paper (I had a 7X10 one). Give each kid a square and make sure they put the coordinate on the back of their sticky note. They re-draw their drawing on the sticky note and put on the coordinate grid. Voila :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore reading your comments. Seriously, it makes my heart happy!
I love to reply by email (so you can see my response), so please make sure that this option is turned on in your profile settings.
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!