Image Map

Monday, July 20, 2015

MMI: mason jar organizer for desk

Hey y'all. Linking up as usual with Tara for Monday Made It :) Only one but it's a process haha


Mason Jar Organizer 
Items Needed:
Mason jars
Pain
Acrylic picture frame
Scrapbook Paper
Mod Podge
Glitter
Double Sided Tape
Labels
Chalk Markers
Mod Podge Sealer
Steps:
Take paint and pour into jar - a generous amount - and roll gently to get it everywhere. (Here is a video about how to do it). Then lay it upside down to dry and get all the way to the bottom. You have to move it a few times because the paint will drip down.




Clearly this was a fail.

To get glitter on there, brush on some mod podge at the bottom and sprinkle glitter on. Seal with some mod podge sealing spray.
Next I had some labels from Michael's that I wrote on with chalk markers (bought them from Amazon or Ebay I think)



For my tray, just bought an acrylic picture frame from Michael's and stuck some scrapbook paper on the bottom.


Voila, you're done :) 

10 comments:

  1. Super Cute Idea!- You've inspired me to try something new! I like the idea of using mason jars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THESE! I actually have mason jars here I could do this with!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!! I have some mason jars at home! I will have to see what I can create with them!

    Kimberly
    Stuck In The Middle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!! I have some mason jars at home! I will have to see what I can create with them!

    Kimberly
    Stuck In The Middle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't thought about just using some paint for this type of project! I think I'm sold. I saw somewhere some time ago that someone mixed food coloring into Mod Podge. That looked like it was too much of a headache, I'd be worried that it wouldn't coat evenly and the color would be inconsistent. Anyway. They looked like frosted glass. It was pretty cool. I wonder if you could get the frosted effect by mixing paint and Mod Podge rather than food coloring. Oooo!! But did you know they make different kinds of Mod Podge now? Glitter Mod Podge, puzzle Mod Podge, all kinds of Mod Podge... Maybe they have different colors as well...

    Carrie
    Make Time for Glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've tried doing paint in Christmas ornaments, but never in a jar. You are brave. I would have it everywhere!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

I adore reading your comments. Seriously, it makes my heart happy!
I love to reply by email (so you can see my response), so please make sure that this option is turned on in your profile settings.
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!