Image Map

Monday, September 2, 2013

Currently: September

Linking up with Farley for September's Currently


I do love me some Matt Nathanson, he'll be back in Houston in October, but I can't make it.

YAY DAY OFF. I love lounging in PJ's. Best feeling!

God, my to-do list is endless. Long story short - I got thrust into a middle school math class (6-8) and I'm pretty much starting from scratch after teaching 3rd grade for 2 years. My classroom was overrun with textbooks and has bare walls so yeah. Lots to get done.

I really need to figure out an organization system that works...any thoughts?

I want to finish planning, decorating my class (I can't staple or tape anything to the wall), and come up with a proper behavior plan. They're outta control at times. Tips?

My 3 goals are to stop the fast food, it's gotten to extreme levels. I live near a lake and I don't take advantage as much as I should. I might melt a little in the Texas heat, but that's okay. And I need to be better about grading/getting stuff done AT SCHOOL, so I'm not bringing it all home.

Can't wait to read the rest!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Anisa! Just stopping by from Currently! I hear you on getting stuff done at school! I am trying to get to work sooner this year, so I can leave earlier and bring less home! I would LOVE to live near a lake-- lucky you! Have a great week!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anisa!I just found your blog through this linky. Organization wise...I use binders for each month. In the binders I divide everything by math, reading, writing, etc for each month.

    As far as classroom management...this is something that changes for every classroom and teacher. I recently started looking into Whole Brain Teaching. There are a TON of free online videos on YouTube. Plus teachers that have posted videos of the strategies in their own classroom. They also have a lot of free resources on their website: http://www.wholebrainteaching.com/ It might be something to look into if you are interested in a different approach.


    Krystyn
    Ms Richards's Musings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might do something similar for each grade, thanks!

      I might do just that, thanks so much! Just hope it works for middle school

      Delete
  3. I love chilling out in my pajamas! I am still in mine as well! For now, unfortunately I do have some errands to run! Good luck with your change! I just spent the weekend doing that, being placed in kindergarten for the first time! :)

    Jackie
    Growing Kidlets (msmaughansclass.blogspot.ca)

    ReplyDelete

I adore reading your comments. Seriously, it makes my heart happy!
I love to reply by email (so you can see my response), so please make sure that this option is turned on in your profile settings.
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!