Image Map

Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Made It - Chevron Art

I finally get to link up with Tara for Monday Made It!


This isn't for my classroom because I'm actually on the hunt for a job right now, but this is for my room. I love how it turned out.




First I painted the 8X10 canvas with this gorgeous teal color.
I made Chevron lines with Frog Tape (omg this was so annoying let me tell you) - I eyeballed it completely
Then I put some Mod Podge and sprinkled glitter on top
I carefully removed the tape before it could dry too much because I didn't want the tape to get glued down too.
I let it dry over night, sprayed some sealant on top, and voila!

I'm pretty happy with it. There are minor imperfections, but that's me :)

Now for some awesome news. If you follow Lessons With Coffee, you've seen this, but I love this idea!
The SLANT Box Exchange


Go check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I love your Chevron painting. I have this on my to do list. I did one for my niece but I want one with glitter for me! Hope you find a job soon!

    Jessica
    Wild & Fun in Pre-K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hahha it took a little effort, but it was worth it :)

      Thanks, I hope so too.

      Delete

I adore reading your comments. Seriously, it makes my heart happy!
I love to reply by email (so you can see my response), so please make sure that this option is turned on in your profile settings.
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!